Sunday 29 August 2010

My tips for autumn and winter 2010

With autumn around the corner and winter creeping up behind it's time for my spring and summer clothes to be sorted out and tucked away in the back of my wardrobe until next year. I'm not going to be doing this until Wednesday (1st September) but before then it gives me time to sort out what key pieces I will be needing for autumn and winter. As well as wearing things from last year (and ever the year before!) I'm also planning on buying some new things.

Coats/jackets- These are vital for autumn evenings and winter throughout the day. I have two coats and three jackets. One of my coats is red and one is blue, these both go great with everything I have in my wardrobe and are colours that will work great for both seasons. My jackets are simple and once again can be worn with everything, but depending what type of jacket they are they may need to be layered up but these can be great for a night out with friends due to being hot in a club, bar or rammed pub. My favourite jacket is inspired by Ian Watkins and is of a military style. It's perfect for every season but I won't be wearing it TOO much due to how much I love it. Will definatly be wearing it when I go to fashion events though as it's something I can wear and feel gorgeous and confident in!

I have my eye on a parka jacket right now which I'm sure would be warm enough to wear without layering but when going out for the day I would wear a jumper, long sleeved t-shirt or t-shirt and cardigan with it.

Gloves, hats and scarves- Accessories are supposed to be what makes an outift complete and I couldn't agree more, especially in the colder seasons! Even though I don't have these three in a matching set I always try my best to match them colourwise. Example being that I have a pair of red, white and blue mittens with some scarves to match. I have one in red wool, one in red with black stars in and one with a union jack on, which I love! As for hats these don't match my gloves and scarves AT ALL! I love hats and I currently have three that I wear often. A purple beret, a black baggy beanie and various random ones. I have more lying around but I wear these the most.

I currently have some red leather gloves ordered and will probably recieve those in a month and I am going to be getting myself a black Russian hat. The marvelous Ian Watkins has one and so does my Dad, who have both made me want one due to have comfortable and cool they look. I'm also on a crazy hunt for a cheap Alexander McQueen skull scarf and I have luckily found some! I'm hoping to get a light pink one and while I'm not THAT into pink, it means it can be worn throughout the year. I also have my eye on a military snood that New Look are selling. I sadly haven't been able to find it in any local New Look shops but I'm sure it will be in stock soon. Both me and my Mom wanted a snood last year but could never find one we wanted or had no money.

There really isn't anything else I can suggest for winter other than to wrap up warm, wear warm colours and keep those red noses covered! It's not Red Nose Day yet.

Have fun and get checking your favourite shops now for autumn and winter lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment