Sunday 29 August 2010

Lush review-The Godmother soap

This is one of Lush's popular soaps, which can be used in both the bath and the shower. However, it was created for people to wash their hands with. For any Lush fans out there this soap has exactly the same smell as the Christmas special, Snow Fairy shower gel.

I bought The Godmother soap at the beginning of July and have never looked back. My first bar has lasted me two months and at £2.56 a bar, it's definitely worth the money!

What attracted me to The Godmother was it's bright pink colour and pink and purple glitter on the top of the bar. When I first smelt the soap it reminded me of a candy shop full of sweets and treats! The smell lingered on my fingers all the way home, from where I had picked up the soap and I couldn't wait to use it.

When I first used The Godmother in the shower the smell was very strong and made me sneeze for a while, which isn't necessarily a bad thing! After getting out of the shower, getting dried and ready for bed, the smell was lingering in both the bathroom and on my skin. The soap didn't lather very well at first, but since then I haven't had any problems.

I use The Godmother soap with my shower scrunchie/loofah and rub the bar all over it until it's cream colour turns into pink. Then I just get a little water to get lots of bubbles! Then I just rub everywhere and of course you may need to put some more soap onto the scrunchie/loofah.

Not only does the smell last ages on the skin, it has also helped my very dry skin on my arms, which so far only The Body Shop's Coconut and Almond body milk has been able to shift. Not only has it done this for my skin, on some of the hottest days this summer it has also cooled me down.

For anyone who would like to try this soap but happens to be a vegetarian or vegan, this soap is vegan friendly (as is most of Lush's products), so you won't have any problem trying this soap out.

Perfect to use alongside The Godmother soap is the Creamy Candy bath bubble bar (review coming soon), which you crumble into the bath to get sweet smelling bubbles and after your bath you can use Candy Fluff dusting powder, which smells just like The Godmother soap and Snow Fairy shower gel. Not only does it smell good, it's also jam packed with gold glitter! Great for feeling girly or for a night out on the town with friends or family.

No comments:

Post a Comment